Weekend with Family
Sunday June 5, 2022
Email #36
Aloha Everyone,
We were blessed to spend more time with Nathan and Stephanie and family this week. They spent Monday at the PCC and we joined them in the evening after work and at the night show. We got to spend Wednesday with them in Honolulu area visiting Pearl harbor and also the weekend in Ko’Olina at the Disney resort. I struggle to know how much to say about “vacationing” while on our mission because I don’t want you to get the impression that we play all the time here—we actually work really hard. However—this week was especially fun spending time with them, and it truly felt like a vacation for a few days. I won’t lie--It was great to have AC, a garbage disposal, a dishwasher and comfortable beds for three nights. But the best part was being with family and spending time together talking, laughing, playing games, eating, snorkeling, swimming, sharing spiritual experiences, talking about the Gospel and about life. We studied Come Follow Me together at one of our favorite spots in Laie: The banyan tree behind the temple. We felt the spirit and strengthened our testimonies. We are very grateful that they were able to be here with us and we thank each of children for making the effort to come and visit.
I finally accomplished my goal of memorizing “The Living Christ”. Now that I got to the end—I need to go back and re-memorize it. I have concentrated on one paragraph at a time but have failed to keep reciting the first of it, SO—I have lost some of it and I will begin on round two. Memorizing it again. My favorite paragraph is the last one which reads: “We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles—that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stand today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son.
I too—testify that I know He lives and loves us. His way IS the path to happiness. I’m so thankful for Him.
Have a blessed week!
Much love to each of you,
Sister Bleak, mom, grandma
How I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life this week:
*Because of a true tender mercy, Nathan and Steph were able to eat at the Gateway Monday night.
*With Stephanie’s help, I was able to get two new (much needed) comfortable pair of shoes.
*I felt impressed to help an I-works student take his wife out to dinner for her birthday.
*I felt the spirit while having a Gospel conversation.
*I felt the strength and power that comes from having love in the family.





Comments
Post a Comment