Round Two

Sunday November 20, 2022.   

Email #59.   

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

 

Aloha Everyone!

 

Here goes round two of covid.  I was surprised that I got it again since round one was in February—not even a year ago.  I have been sicker this time around.  But for the first time in my life I have been able to rest and recover without feeling the stress of arranging time off--getting substitutes for school or taking care of church responsibilities etc. The ukulele store will be fine without me.  We have plenty of help right now.  I have had a fever, congestion, and cough.  The fever is gone, the congestion is improving, but the cough seems to have gotten worse.  My energy level is improving as well.  I am on the mend!  I will be in quarantine through Tuesday then I’ll go back to work on Wednesday with a mask IF I am symptom free. The thing I am most disappointed about is President Eyring is the devotional speaker Tuesday morning at BYUH.  I was so looking forward to hearing him in person.  I will still watch remotely but it’s never quite as good as being there.  Last night we had to miss a concert on campus that I was really looking forward to.  I am just so thankful to be doing relatively well now.  And I hated missing sacrament meeting today.  But Scott was kind enough to take notes for me and keep me involved in the ward and what was talked about.  That was so thoughtful of him.  He knew that I would interrogate him on everything that was said and done. 😊

 

We enjoyed having Katelyn here through most of Wednesday.  The highlights were: taking a nice walk on Hukilau beach, kayaking up the Haleiwa River, and playing games in the evenings.  More about the river excursion:  Wednesday we borrowed a two-man kayak and one paddle board and went to Haleiwa to go up the river.  It was a beautiful ride—very peaceful.  We saw lots of turtles in and out of the water. Evidently, ocean turtles go to that river to rest and recuperate (maybe they also get covid).   We really loved doing this together.  This activity has been on our bucket list for a while now.  I’m very glad we got to do it with Katelyn.  It made me excited to use our kayaks again when we return home. 

 

We will miss being with you this Thursday for Thanksgiving!  I love this holiday—taking extra time to remember all the wonderful blessing we have.  When I get down or discouraged, if I begin listing the things that I’m thankful for, my heart is lifted. That is a quick remedy for negative feelings and negative thoughts.  I am so thankful for Scott and his faithful commitment to the Savior.  It has been such a special treat for us to serve this mission together.  I couldn’t do so many things here without him.  He supports and helps me in numerous ways. He is my cheerleader, my helpmeet, my friend, and my love. 

 

We love each of you and thank you once again for your love and support.

 

Much love,

Sister Bleak, Mom, Grandma

 

 

How I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life this week:

*The thought came to me out of the blue that I needed to make Liberty (a student) a lunch.

*Sister Philips got a great write up on the Philippines miracle story and passed it on to me.

*When I thought that Katelyn wasn’t going to be able to eat at Gateway with me, a way opened up.

*I was going to go to work but felt like I should just stay home and rest.  Which was a good idea since I ended up having covid.

*I have been able to rest and get better.

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names

Exit Interview

Honolulu