MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Sunday December 25, 2022.   

Email #64   HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVA!

 

Mele Kalikimaka Everyone!

 

Dad and I have had a wonderful day.  We have loved visiting with you remotely.  We loved seeing and hearing the grandkid’s excitement about things they have done and gifts they received. We are blessed to be able to communicate so freely these days. 

 

It finally felt like Christmas last night.  It hadn’t up until then. I even went snorkeling yesterday morning.  Who does that on Christmas eve?  But last night the whole mission gathered for a Christmas Eve devotional.  Ten musical numbers were presented, a reading of Luke 2, a video presentation and testimonies by the mission president and his wife.  It was a beautiful evening, and the spirit was strong.  It finally felt like Christmas.   I love that feeling!  A feeling of warmth and love and light.  I wish I could hold on to it all year. That is a goal of mine—to develop more love and light in my life.  Today we had a nice sacrament meeting in our ward here and then were able to zoom our Bountiful ward’s meeting as well.  The thoughts that stand out for me today are: Seeking for peace in our lives.  Looking for and appreciating gifts—being good givers and receivers.  Feeling the light that surrounds us and making the Savior an important part of our daily life.  I have such gratitude for His gift to me.  He truly is “The light, the life, and the hope of the world.”

 

This evening the missionaries (senior and junior) gathered again for a Christmas dinner.  After the dinner, we had a Christmas sing-along accompanied by the members of the ukulele class and the young missionaries who wanted to join in.  I was in charge of this entertainment and it turned out to be a lot of fun.  Our power point presentation was approximately 18 songs—both traditional fun songs and hymns.  Some of us senior missionaries also presented a “stick and chair” routine for the audience.  It was a hit.  One young missionary told me afterward that tonight was the most fun she has had on her mission thus far.  (she doesn’t get out much—haha)

 

Well I guess our winter season is over here.  We had “winter” for a few days recently.  I actually needed to use a blanket to sleep and not just a sheet.  I was in heaven.  It felt so good.  But now we are back to the 80’s and sunshine and our apartment is hot. It rained and rained and flooded areas on Monday.  The power went out for several hours but came on just in time for me to get ready for work.  That was a tender mercy.

 

I attended a wedding sealing on Tuesday morning of a girl (Tess) that I got to know when I was helping students at the Gateway.  She is from Tahiti and is beautiful inside and out.  She and her “husband” cried through the entire ceremony.  It was an emotional, heartfelt event.  Dad and I tried to go to her reception but had been asked to take a student to the airport and the traffic caused us to get back too late for the reception.  Receptions here are a full evening event with entertainment, dinner and fun.  I was sad to miss it.

 

I continue to help with teaching piano to the students 3 mornings a week.  We teachers work with whatever students show up that day, but I mostly work with Jenny.  She has no prior musical training, and she gets so excited about learning new concepts.  When school begins again, we will have to cut it back to once a week.  It has been a very enjoyable experience.  The students are so appreciative of this opportunity. 

 

The PCC marketplace is such a fun place to be at Christmas time.  They have a scavenger hunt for the kids, a train that rides around part of the center, Santa and Mrs. Claus (missionary volunteers), live music and just a very festive feeling at the center. We were working there Friday night when Faith’s grandparents (Debbie and Gary Gardner) dropped by.  We were also able to spend some time with them yesterday as well.  What fun it is to see people from home.  We were hoping that they would steal Cal and bring him also.  We can’t wait to meet him and Holland in a couple of months.

 

We love you dearly and hope the rest of your holiday season is sweet!

 

Much love,

Sister Bleak, Mom, Grandma

 

 

How I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life this week:

*Our power came on just in time for me to shower and make it to work on time. 

*Our fasting and many prayers were recognized and someone in our life received help!

*I felt the spirit during our Christmas Eve devotional. 

*I was helped to play the piano at the last minute at Church.

*The Christmas dinner program went well.  I felt blessed. 

*I felt great gratitude for the gift God gave the world—His beloved son.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names

Exit Interview

Honolulu