Anniversary
Sunday February 20, 2022
Email #21
Aloha Family and Friends and Happy Birthday Finn!
I hope you all had a nice Valentine’s Day today. We celebrated Valentine’s Day and our anniversary together on Wednesday by eating at a wonderful restaurant—Haliewa Joes. Thanks for the gift certificate family! The food was wonderful and the property it sits on is amazing. We also went to a movie that evening after dinner. We had a wonderful celebration and I want you each to know how thankful I am for my wonderful companion of 44 years. Scott is a wonderful husband and priesthood leader. I am so blessed to be married to him and to be able to serve with him here.
Scott and I are healthy now--except for Scott’s lingering cough. We worked the whole week.
The store was much busier this week. It was nice. I like to be busy but not “crazy busy”. We got a shipment of boxes of new ukuleles, which was much needed.
Scott and I finally got to introduce ourselves to the “I-works” students we will be “friending” at their prayer meeting on Tuesday afternoon. But we had to leave quickly to go to our assignment at the Luau and didn’t get to talk with them. So, Thursday evening during dinner we decided that we needed to go back to Gateway buffet (where they work) to see if we could meet up with a few of those students and get to know them better. We headed back to the PCC and arrived right after they closed the gate and couldn’t get to the buffet venue. I knew a shortcut and told Scott that we could go through “Hapa Home” and go out the back door and be close to the buffet. Being in a hurry, I walked very quickly through the store, outside and right off a 22 inch ledge. I totally forgot that it didn’t go straight out to the street. It was very dark and I dropped like a rock. I landed on my right side and only got a few busies, scrapes, and one cut. It was truly a miracle that I wasn’t hurt much worse. I didn’t even rip my dress or break my phone. I can’t believe I didn’t break a bone. I have thanked Heavenly Father many times every day since then for the protection I received in that fall. The alarm on my phone went off and asked if I had fallen. This is the first time it actually went off when I really did fall. Good job watch!
The warehouse was really difficult on Wednesday. An order I was working on was so tricky—nothing like I had ever had before. None of the item numbers matched anything on the Invoice or would come up on the computer. It took me more than twice as long as it should have to find things. Normally I would have worked longer hours to try and get it done but I had to leave on time to get ready to go to Koneohe for our anniversary celebration. But since I left that order in such a mess, I decided to go back Thursday morning and work on it again. I dreaded going to the warehouse the next morning because I thought I would be by myself and if Jen (the manager) wasn’t there yet, I wouldn’t have help to be able to progress on it. When I arrived Abish (a very experienced student) was there working on the project. I was so excited about that! She was a huge blessing that I didn’t expect. I was so thankful. I was able to help but Abish was the one who finished things up in the end.
Yesterday Scott and I went to the other side of the Island to visit with the Kanells and see the condo they own there. We had a very enjoyable time with them. When we arrived home, there was a package on our doorstep from Mark and Valerie. It was a set of wooden blocks making a tower with sayings from President Nelson with his picture at the top. I was so very touched. Valerie is known for giving meaningful, homemade gifts to her friends. But here she is—literally on her death bed, and I receive one last gift from her in the mail. And it is very appropriate that it is a gift having to do with the prophet. Everyone who knew her, knew how she felt about always following the prophet. Oh how I will miss her!
Scott and I were asked today by our bishop to help teach a series of marriage enrichment classes for the young married students in our ward. It will be a six week commitment beginning March 2nd. We are excited for this opportunity.
We love you with all of our hearts. Thank you for your prayers! We feel them and know that we are being blessed because of them.
Much love,
Mom, Grandma, Gayle
How I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life this week:
*I was able to make a suggestion about how to get in touch with someone else, when a senior missionary sister couldn’t get a hold of her bishop. She took my suggestion and got the help she needed.
*Feeling so grateful for being married to a wonderful man for 44 years.
*Abish was at the warehouse working on the project when I arrived. I so needed her help.
*I wasn’t hurt nearly as badly as I could have been with my fall off the ledge. It was truly a miracle.
*Some product that arrived at our store was mismarked and I was able to figure out the mistake that was made in the warehouse.
*Once again—the beauty of God’s creations.
Comments
Post a Comment