Maui Trip

Monday March 28, 2022   

Email #26

 

Aloha Family and Friends!

 

Sorry that this email is a day late.  We were invited to go over to spend the weekend with Joyce and Mike (Scott’s sister and husband) in Maui.  I took my computer but had problems with the keyboard and couldn’t type an email.  We are home now but only have a very short window in which to write and send it out.  So—I will just mention a few things about our weekend. 

 

Joyce and Mike arranged for a whale watching tour.  There is a place on Maui that is supposed to be the best whale watching in the world.  Joyce and Mike arranged it so we could be the only ones on the boat.  It was an experience I will never forget.  It is getting towards the end of the whale watching season, so we were wondering if we would even see any.  Within minutes of the boat getting to the designated area—We saw three and eventually they came much closer to us—within 20 feet or so.  It was so amazing.  The pictures say more than I can.  The video is too big  to send to we will have to show you those another day. 

 

Other fun events we were able to do:

Golf for Scott and Mike

Beautiful walks

Watching turtles

Seeing the largest banyan tree in the USA—AMAZING. 

Playing games

Lots of talking

 

One more noteworthy thing to mention:  

It was our FHE group get together last Monday (we have this once a month).  Elder Jack Welch is a senior missionary here (BYUH) and a professor of law at BYU Provo with a long list of credentials—an LDS scholar.   He founded FARMS (foundation for ancient research and Mormon studies), and is one of the editors of the encyclopedia of Mormonism. He is brilliant and way above my head.  But he (with a few others) did a presentation on the original Christus by Thorvaldsen.  He and Sister Welch visited the original Christus in Denmark and was so taken with the beauty of the statue and the church that houses it.  There were five scriptures in different areas by the Christus and they talked about those scriptures. I just want you to know that I love Jesus Christ and know that He lives and loves us.  He is our Savior.  I am very thankful to belong to a church that helps me become closer to Him and learn how to live more like Him.  We are looking forward to listening to His chosen prophets and apostles this weekend. 

 

Love you so much!

 

Sister Bleak, grandma, mom, Gayle

 

How I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life this week:

  

*I got a warm reception from many of the students at the Gateway before prayer meeting. 

*I was helped in finding my phone when it was out of reach to use my watch to find it.

*Scott and I felt the spirit guiding us in teaching our marriage enrichment lesson.

*There was a huge scheduling mess up for working at the luau.  But the problem helped one couple be able to go to the temple and we stayed to work.

*I woke up with thoughts about what stories I can include in our next lesson after praying during the night.

*We felt blessed to be able to be with family.

*The majesty of God’s creations—just amazing! 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names

Exit Interview

Honolulu