Snow at the PCC
Email #63 HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTEN!
Mele Kalikimaka Everyone!
I seriously considered not sending an email this week because there is nothing new to share. But I just couldn’t break my streak of sending one each week, so I decided I would write a quick note to thank you for your loving support of us here. We appreciate your love and constant prayers! Thanks to each of you and thanks to those who sent us Christmas cards. We have loved getting them.
Intellectually, I know that Christmas is a week away, but it sure doesn’t feel like Christmas. However, I will have to admit that I have loved experiencing a simple and slower pace this Christmas season. We will miss you dearly this coming weekend but are grateful for zoom and face time to be able to connect.
The PCC was involved in making snow one day last week. I heard that it is an annual tradition here—just one day. They bring in two dump trucks full of ice and grind up the ice and shoot it out of a machine. The snow didn’t last long but the people involved loved forming and throwing snowballs for a little while at least.
Work was very different this week. All the students are now (during the Christmas break) required to work 40 hours a week. They open and close the store, so we missionaries got to go in later and work less hours. Because of this adjusted schedule, I asked a single senior missionary who doesn’t have a car here, what she would like to see but hasn’t been able to see on the Island. She chose to go to Turtle Beach (nick name) and hopefully see turtles. We saw many in the water but none up on the shore. But she loved the experience anyway.
Other highlights this week:
*Scott’s and my work Christmas parties.
*A breakfast for our district.
*A Christmas lunch/party with some other senior missionaries at a “family beach home”.
*Being able to teach BYUH students piano lessons. I love watching their excitement as they connect the dots and begin to make music.
*Sunday evening at the visitor’s center with other ward members and singing Christmas songs after the video.
*Good conversations with Scott. I am so grateful for him.
I am grateful for this season that prompts us to reflect more than normal on the wonderful gift given by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I love Him. I am grateful for His example and the grace he offers to allow me to keep trying and changing and becoming a better person. I hope that my life reflects my love for Him. Merry Christmas!
Much love,
Sister Bleak, Mom, Grandma
How I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life this week:
*I was let off the hook from my parking ticket.
*I was told about Tess’s engagement which I was so grateful for since I lost track of her.
*I was prompted to take another senior missionary somewhere that she had never been since she doesn’t have a car.
*I was able to find a reliable projector to use for the sing-along next Sunday.
*I felt the spirit at the visitor’s center





Comments
Post a Comment