Welcome Kellie and Cade and Family

Sunday October 16, 2022.   

Email #54.  

Happy Birthday Andrew! 

 

Aloha Everyone!

 

We always love when family comes to visit.  It is very special to us to be with loved ones.  We have had the blessing of Kellie and Cade and family arrive on Thursday. What a blessing to have had all six of our children come and visit while we have been serving our mission.  We are leaving this afternoon to go with them for a couple of days to the other side of the Island.  So—I am sending this email earlier than is typical. 

 

Our mission president before the splitting of the mission last January—was President Rob Walker from our stake in Bountiful.  He and his wife Joni presented a FHE for the empty nester group in our Bountiful ward Monday evening. Ken Aird worked on making it possible for Scott and me to “attend” remotely.  (Thank you Ken).  It was a wonderful experience to hear their testimonies and stories about being led by the spirit and acting on promptings given to them. This is an area that I think I have improved in while being on our mission but certainly hope to get better at. What greater blessing to have than being guided by the Holy Spirit regularly.  I want to live my life to be able to have the spirit always.    

 

We were also able to hear from our current mission president and his wife on Tuesday evening.  They are another outstanding couple who strives to live close to the spirit.  It was great to hear their testimonies about feeling the peace of Christ no matter what turmoil you are going through in your life.  

 

Wednesday night we got to attend the temple and feel the wonderful peace of that beautiful place.  The temple was reserved for the evening just for the missionaries in our mission—seniors and juniors.  It was a special experience to be able to know most everyone coming and going to the temple that evening.  I love feeling peace in the temple.  I never get tired of it. 

 

Earlier on Wednesday, I felt some turmoil, however.  I think I have a little bit of PTSD from being involved in doing “inventory” last October at the PCC.  Every Wednesday for weeks three of us “busy B’s” went to an assigned store at the PCC to “do inventory”.  Most of the time, it took much longer than our normal six-hour shift and was sometimes mentally and physically exhausting.  This year, the rumor was that all the store managers would be doing inventory and the missionaries wouldn’t be involved.  I guess they changed their minds because we each got orders to help at Ulu beginning at 9:00 Wednesday morning.  The good news was that we had AC all day long.  I will include a picture of the type of things we were counting.  Sometimes we needed to sort into colors or sizes before counting them.  I’m sure I will be involved in doing inventory for many more weeks.  I will look forward to the middle of November. 

 

We are saddened to hear the news of the passing of our niece Alisa Curtis.  Our thoughts and prayers are/have been with Neal and Lynda and their family.  It was a big reminder to me about living life to the fullest and loving those around you each day.  We just never know when our time here is over and we will be called home. 

 

Much love,

Sister Bleak, Mom, Grandma

 

How I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life this week:

*I received a compliment from a young sister missionary which made my day.

*We were able to participate in our home ward’s FHE fireside with our former mission president—President and Sister Walker.

*I received help to find something that I misplaced.

*I felt the spirit during the devotional with the mission president and had some feelings come that were unexpected. 

*Greg Maples allowed the family to enjoy the buffet.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names

Exit Interview

Honolulu