The Warners

Sunday January 22, 2023.   

Email #68

 

Aloha Everyone!

 

We had another wonderful week with friends visiting the Island. Mary and Morgan Warner were here for almost a week.  We were able to spend three full days together and some evenings.  It was great. Some of the highlights were: learning how to play some new games, kayaking up the Haleiwa River and a hike to a World War 2 bunker.  It was a steep, rocky hike that we didn’t intend on finishing when we started out (we just went to see how hard it would be—we weren’t wearing appropriate footwear) but made it to the top and it was worth every step.  The view was incredible.  But the biggest highlight for me was taking family names to the temple and doing a sealing session.  The night before we went to the temple, Mary showed me how to pull up and print family names.  I’m embarrassed to say that I didn’t know how to do that before she showed me.  Between covid and coming here, I just never learned.  But now I know and I’m grateful for that knowledge.  The session felt very special to me, and I felt a strong spirit there, even getting teary eyed at times. 

 

The “Eddie” surfing competition that was canceled last week, took place today.  The waves by our house today were incredible.  We had seen big ones before, but they were even bigger today—really amazing. The road outside our apartment was a parking lot with visitors coming to the point to see the gigantic waves.  We would have loved to drive to the north shore to see the 55-foot waves but were told because of traffic, we wouldn’t be able to get anywhere near it. Instead, we drove to “hidden beach” to watch the sunset and to watch the waves there.  Watching them is mesmerizing—especially for Scott.  He just can’t get enough of it.  

 

There is hardly anything for me to do at work lately.  We now have four full time missionaries and about 10 students and a full-time supervisor who works there.  The store could function well with about half that number of employees. The missionaries used to be needed to “open” the store each day.  Not now. We truly aren’t needed at all. I look forward to Wednesdays so I can work at the warehouse where I leave work each day feeling like I have accomplished something.  But I will continue to go to the store and to help where I can.  The days are long, but the weeks are going quickly.  I continue to work with students taking piano lessons and teaching the ukulele class for the senior missionaries.  Life is good and we are truly blessed.  I’m so thankful to be serving here with my sweetheart.  It truly is an opportunity of a lifetime. 

 

 

Have a wonderful, happy week!

Much love,

Sister Bleak, Mom, Grandma

 

How I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life this week:

*Sister Philips warned me about needing to call ahead of time to get the building unlocked for ukulele class (since it was a holiday).  We wouldn’t have been able to hold class if she hadn’t of. 

*Mary taught me how to print off family names for the temple.

*I felt a special spirit in the temple while doing family names.

*I prayed to be able to find an inexpensive piece of luggage to send all our books home with Mary and Morgan.  I found one at the swap meet

 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names

Exit Interview

Honolulu